What do you get when you have a 200-foot man-made volcano and 18 water rides sprawled across 30 acres? Those in Orlando will find Universal’s newest water theme park, Volcano Bay.
If you’ve driven on or even near Interstate 4, chances are you’ve seen the eye-catching island centerpiece peeking through the highway and Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort.
The park just opened up its doors and is already making a splash with guests. Visitors are greeted with South Pacific-inspired attractions, reports The Orlando Sentinel.
Visitors are ushered in by a magical golden-finned fish, and then are taken on a journey throughout the South Pacific – drawing influences from the islands of Bali, Tahiti, New Zealand, and Easter Island.
Tropical Flavors: Spilled Over
With an overflow of slides, rides, and serene places to take refuge in – one can easily build up quite the appetite.
However, just because your day of South Pacific vibes at the park eventually ends, it doesn’t mean the island moods have to stop.
Guests looking to extend the island vibes can cruise on over to the Bento Red location in the Rialto Plaza. Find us off West Sand Lake Road next to Bar Louie near Universal Studios City Walk and International Drive.
We’re a 4 minute drive from the park and we’re ready to serve up flavors of the tropics.
Diving Further Into Flavors of the Islands
We highlight some menu offerings that will help you keep the South Pacific mood going – even after you’ve left Volcano Bay.
Playing in the sun and immersing yourself in all the rides of Volcano Bay can leave you parched. Our refreshing blended ices, teas and milk tea smoothies will help cool you off.
Complete your day at the park with our signature sushi rolls or some of our other dishes that pay homage to the unique islands:
- Volcano Roll: cream cheese, avocado, topped with salmon, then baked with spicy mayo and scallions to top
- Hot Lava Roll: tempura shrimp, cream cheese, avocado, baked spicy scallop delite
- Mt. Fuji Roll: krab, tempura shrimp, topped with krab delite, eel sauce and scallions
- Kawaii Rolls: choice of six piece rolls wrapped in rice paper and lettuce (for those who prefer no rice and no seaweed)
- Bali Hai Mango Roll: tempura shrimp, cream cheese, and eel all topped with fresh mango, eel sauce and toasted coconut flakes
- *NEW* Build your own Poke Bowl: choose your base, up to 3 proteins, up to 4 additions and up to 2 sauces
Have you visited Volcano Bay yet? Do you have any favorite rides or parts of the park? Let us know in the comments below, or our Facebook – we’d love to hear from you!